So I haven't blogged in a while, but A LOT has been going on, so I'm going to do a few 'blogs' now to catch us up. First, if anyone knows me, they know that I am a Crazy Christmas Person!! (Don't you love the red, just for Christmas) I LOVE to decorate, and when the streets and the stores start decorating, I get VERY excited. We went to the mall a few weeks ago, and they started putting up there decorations, including the biggest Christmas Tree in Dallas, and I got VERY excited!!! (This is half of the tree)
Here are the girls next to the first Christmas tree we saw. They also got VERY excited!! As soon as November 1st hit, I was already asking Chris if we could start decorating our house, and he kept saying, "no, not yet, crazy", ha...I finally talked him into it, and so the weekend before Thanksgiving we started the decorations.
Our girls LOVE Christmas, just like their mommy, and they LOVE to decorate for it also. They were very excited to go up into the attic to get all the Christmas decorations and boxes down, and they were also very excited about going up on the roof top to hang the lights. They never stay up there long, but it's always a fun adventure for them to go up and down the ladders. Here's some pics of them putting up the lights and enjoying their 'roof' time.
So I'll have to get a picture soon of the finished product, but we are very happy with our beautifully decorated home!
Of course after the outside we started decorating the inside, and so I put up some pics (a bit fuzzy, sorry) of the girls putting the star on top of the tree (yes, we had to take it down and let them each have a turn).
I have one good story to end this blog with. Our neighborhood is having a Christmas Decorating Competition, for the best decorated house, from the outside of course. Well with our competitive spirits, and our LOVE for Christmas, we were deffinetaly going to go ALL out!! So the other day, we decided to drive around the neighborhood to see where we stood at the moment, and it was just the girls and me in the car, and we saw houses with a little lights here, or a little tree there, but nothing GREAT like ours of course. Then we turned the corner, and out of Kate's mouth, she quickly said, "oh no mom, competition!" I started laughing, b/c it was so funny to hear her so concerned!! But don't worry.....we are still in the lead, I pointed out that they had more yard decorations than we did, but we still had more lights!! So needless to say the girls are set on our house winning, so we'll see if we do. Hope you are all enjoying your decorating as much as we are.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Finally Christmas Time
Posted by The Asimus 5 at 11:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment