BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Zoo Day

One thing I love to do with my girls is go to the zoo. This first picture was at the opening gate, they were very excited to be at the zoo. Surprisingly it is a rather expensive thing to do, except for Wednesdays when it's half price day at the Ft. Worth Zoo. With Kate in school, we haven't been able to make it to the zoo, but for Thanksgiving break she had the whole week off, and to mommy that meant, the perfect time for a zoo day! Even though both Chris and I were feeling sick, fighting a cold, and cold sores, we had to take the opportunity. And I'm glad we did! So that is exactly what we did. It was SO much fun, and I'm SO glad we took the opportunity to go. This time last year I went to the same zoo, except I was trying to go to the zoo not to see the animals, but to walk out the baby(Brooke) who was still in my tummy. So it was great to get to go this time without having contractions, and without having a baby in my belly, but a baby that LOVED watching all the animals! This is the first time I think we've been able to go to a zoo where all 3 of our girls were totally amazed by each and every animal, so it made it a lot of fun for mommy and daddy to tag along. Brooke would make noises and clap her hands with excitement, and it was SO precious to watch her. Kate was very excited about the snakes and lizards, which in my book is just grose, but I let her be excited....hopefully that will go away one day! Hailey loved the elephants, the hippos,(b/c Hungry Hungry Hippo is one of her favorite board games we play with her), the giraffes, all the 'bigger' animals. I would say that Brooke's favorite was either the monkeys/apes (the picture is of her standing at the cage looking into the apes, all smiles), or the bird cage that we got to go in. Yes, I said, bird cage that we got to go IN. One of the great things about the Ft. Worth Zoo is that they have a place where you can go in and buy bird food that is stuck on a stick, and feed the birds, we even got lucky enough that a bird landed on Kate's stick, as seen in the picture, she wasn't so sure about it, but was excited at the same time. Hailey wanted nothing to do with the bird landing on the stick, but she enjoyed letting them eat off of her stick. Brooke on the other hand, she wanted to hold the birds....she kept trying to reach out and grab them.....it was great! So our day at the zoo was GREAT!! We really had a lot of fun with our girls.

0 comments: