BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Life's twists and turns

So it's been a few busy weeks lately, and we seem to be riding a roller coaster up and down. God has really been doing a work on us, and it's just amazing to see what He might put you though so you can become better. As most of the world, the economy has struck us pretty hard, and times are tough, but we are pushing through to the best of our abilities and trying to stay very focused and positive through it all and believe that God has a bigger plan for us on the other side of all of this, that we just can't make sense of yet. I know that you have to go all the way down before you can go all the way up, so Praise God, I think we've just about hit 'all the way down' (I can't imagine any lower really, but who knows what God still needs to teach me) and we are SO ready to start moving 'all the way up'!

Our latest news, and I will try to keep everyone posted as we go through it. Last night, I went in to work to fill in for the secretary who called in sick. Chris called me a few hours into my shift saying that him and all 3 girls were jumping on the trampoline together (he's such a GREAT daddy), and then Hailey fell and grabbed her shin, and wouldn't move and wasn't acting like her normal self. So of course he took her inside and tried to comfort her and help her calm down, but it wasn't working, so that's when I got the call. We called her doctor, who wanted us to go into the E.R. to have it looked at b/c Hailey wouldn't put any pressure on it whatsoever! After juggling the other 2 kids over to Aunt Amy's house, we were headed to the E.R. with Hailey. After a very odd conversation with a lady in the waiting room(that's a whole other story in itself), we finally got seen. She got checked out by the doctor there, and they couldn't tell by just touching it, and Hailey was being SO shy that she wouldn't even talk to them or tell them what or where it was hurting. So they came to take an X-ray, expecting to have to take a few more after looking at the first one, but they needed no more......there it was a Tibia Fracture. Basically, she broke her leg. So long story short, she is now in a splint, and scheduled to get a cast next Wednesday after the swelling goes down. It's NO fun for her, and it's especially hard, b/c she is our most active child and this has her down to basically zero movement. She's can't move her leg at all on her own, and she can't walk, so we have to carry her everywhere, and move her leg any time she's uncomfortable (including in the middle of the night). Put that next to still caring for 2 other children, and it's non-stop. Please keep her in your prayers as she gets used to this whole process, b/c she still has a long road ahead of her. Like I said earlier, I will keep you posted as we lean more, and I'll try to get some pics up soon.

0 comments: