BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My First Blog

OK....so I thought I'd try this thing. I have a good story to open up with......as we all know, Halloween is 2 days away. Well, we don't celebrate Halloween, we celebrate the Fall Festival. My kids know this VERY well.......they think that the word Halloween is a bad word, and my fault, I haven't really corrected them.....(I secretly like them thinking that).......well the other day Kate had one of her neighbor friends over, and they decided that they wanted to color a picture together. So they sat down and her friend said, "Let's color a picture for Halloween", immediately Kate was like, "No, we don't celebrate Halloween, I'll draw a picture of why we don't celebrate Halloween". I was in the other room overhearing all of this, and thought to myself, what is she going to draw a picture of. So a few minutes later, I walked in and said, "hey girls, what are you drawing pictures of?" Kate said, "I'm drawing a picture of why we don't celebrate Halloween", and held up her picture. I almost started crying, b/c her picture was of Jesus dying on the cross. It was such a precious moment for me! I was so blessed by my daughter to see that. Then she said...."we don't celebrate Halloween b/c it doesn't honor God" then Hailey charmed in with, "Ya, b/c if you celebrate Halloween, you'll go to hell", yes, this is what Hailey said. So she's still a bit confused, but they at least know that it's NO GOOD!!!! Ha. So that's my beginner story. I'll write some more tomorrow with some pics, and maybe I'll venture out to a video too. But enjoy! Let the blogging begin!

0 comments: